White loaf with hemp hearts or the gluten-free version with hemp hearts and protein
If you are into baking your own bread – you will love that you can add some extra nutrition with our hemp seed and protein to your daily bread. We have gluten-free and white flour version for you and we’d love to know how you enjoyed this!
Have a great weekend,
The Hemp Chef, Adam
Gluten Free Hemp Bread
450ml lukewarm water
3 tablespoons active dry gluten-free yeast
½ teaspoon of sugar
470 g of gluten-free white bread oven baked
30 g of hemp protein powder
30 g of hemp Hearts
4 tablespoons of hemp seed oil
½ a teaspoon of flaky sea salt
- Mix water yeast and sugar together in a jug until activated, around 10 to 15 minutes,
- Add bread mix, hemp seed oil, hemp protein, hemp hearts and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk water and yeast mixture together and slowly added to the bowl of dry ingredients folding through as you go.
- Add to a greased loaf tin approximately 24 cm long x 13 cm wide x 8 cm high.
- Place tin on a lid, inside an upside-down plastic container, make sure the container has enough room so as it does not touch the tin or the mixture as it rises, and allow mixture to rise in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes, this will double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200° c bake or 180° c on fan bake.
- Place a bowl with 2 cups of water on a rack on the bottom of the oven this prevents the bread from drying out and burning.
- Bake for approximately 50 – 60 minutes, once the loaf is baked removed from the pan and allow to cool before slicing.
Hemp Heart White Bread Loaf
300ml of lukewarm water
2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
100g of hemp hearts
450 g of plain white flour
1 teaspoon of flaky sea salt
20 ml of hemp seed oil
- In a jug ad yeast lukewarm water and sugar set aside 10 minutes and allow to activate.
- A large mixing bowl place dry ingredients and hemp seed oil to the bowl.
- Fold through yeast mixture working into a dough.
- On a floured surface kneed bread dough to form a smooth ball, Place in a greased plastic container in a warm place with a damp tea towel over it and allow to prove for around 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Knockback the bread dough and shape place on a flat greased baking tray and allow to proof the warm place for a further 20 minutes.
- Brush the top of the loaf with water sprinkle over hemp hearts,
- Bake for around 25- 30 minutes until golden brown to test that it is done tap the bottom of the loaf a few times that sounds hollow its ready.
- Remove from tray place on a wire rack to cool before eating.