This is a new and exciting pasta recipe. I made two different pastas here by halving the mixture.
After making the pasta dough, I folded hemp protein in to one and in the other half I added hemp hearts, which gives a delicious twist. This goes quite a long way if you wish you can half the recipe also. Experiment and have fun with it.
Enjoy The Hemp Chef, Adam
Hand made Hemp Pasta and Hempuccine
500g plain ﬂour or strong ”00” ﬂour
25g hemp protein powder or 25g of pure hemp hearts
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
4 free range eggs
6 egg yolks
2 tbsp hemp seed oil
1. To make this delicious hemp pasta, add the ﬂour/seeds, salt, eggs, egg yolks and oil into a food processor. Whiz up all ingredients until mixture becomes like coarse crumbs.
Or in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients to the centre and mix with your hands to form a dough.
2. Tip this into a bowl and gather into a ball with your hands. Turn on to a lightly ﬂoured surface and knead well until the pasta dough is smooth and soft, but not sticky. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes or so.
3. Take a piece of dough about the size of a kiwi fruit; keep the rest well wrapped to stop it drying out. Flatten the piece of dough to a rectangle, about 5 mm thick. With the pasta machine set to its thickest setting, feed the dough though two or three times. Adjust the setting by one notch and repeat. Continue in this way, narrowing the setting by one notch each time. Dough will get progressively smoother and more elastic. When you reach the thinnest setting, the pasta is ready to be cut, filled and shaped as required. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. For ravioli or tortellini, simply cut the required shapes from pasta sheets. For tagliatelle, allow the sheets to dry for 10 minutes before cutting-drape them over a clothes airier or the back of a clean chair. Meanwhile fit the pasta machine with the tagliatelle cutters. Pass the dough sheet though the machine cutters, keeping the noodles separate as they emerge. When the pasta sheet has passed through, lift the noodles on to a tray, twirling them into a nest as you do so.
5. to cook have a pot of water on the boil rolling add a splash of hemp seed oil and add small 2-3 handfuls of pasta at a time cook for 2-3 min till tender remove from water cool under cold running water to stop it from cooking, and drizzle with oil to stop the pasta from sticking, add to it any Sauce you like … the possibilities are endless,