Kale salad with lemon and hemp seed vinaigrette
4 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1 cup clear vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa*
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g feta cheese
Hemp seed dressing:
- 1/4 cup hemp seed oil, we used Pure Hemp Seed Oil from Hemp Farm
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- zest of one lemon plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 2 tbsp soft honey
- freshly ground salt and pepper
* We used quinoa, cauliflower and lemon from Huckleberry Farms
1. Quinoa: Put the uncooked quinoa and the vegetable stock in a small pot and bring to a boil
2. Turn heat down to the lowest setting, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the stove and set aside, still covered, for another 5 minutes. Remove lid to allow to cool, before lightly fluffing with a fork.
Dressing: Put all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Season to taste.
Salad: Place chopped kale in a large bowl and mix in cooled quinoa and cauliflower. Sprinkle with cranberries, brazil nuts and crumbled feta cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.