Responsibly Growing & Processing Food
Sustainable Agronomics and Food Essentials (SAFE)
There is a growing trend toward healthier, more sustainable and ethically produced food. Consumers nowadays are faced with many considerations about food purchases, such as:
Organic, Non-GMO, Food miles, Sustainable, Vegan, Dairy Free, Kosher, Fair Trade and more.
While this awareness is helping to improve the overall quality of foods available, it can be tricky to find out about whether the health and quality claims are accurate and properly regulated. One common concern is also that the soil that our food comes from is not what it once was.
With all of these complicating variables, how can consumers and producers of food navigate these conditions?
SAFE is a system for certification that our Canadian Hemp partners have been using to guarantee a more practical solution for the benefit of consumers and farmers alike.
SAFE stands for Sustainable Agronomics and Food Essentials
SAFE organic certified ensures:
1. Soil & plant advanced nutrient supplementation
2. Chemical residue free of toxic herbicides, pesticides or fungicides
3. Neo Pure, hydroxyl generator and probiotic pathogen treatment
Let’s first look at the two recognized distinctive systems or methodologies of crop production in Canada, USA, Europe and other countries of the world: Conventional and Certified Organic.
The modern-day method of crop production has evolved to anticipate maximum increased productions and profit. This methodology is dependent upon GMOs, chemical fertilizers, herbicides like Round Up (glyphosate, banned in many countries) and other petrochemicals based pesticides.
The long-term effect of this methodology of crop production is:
1. Loss of natural soil fertility
2. Declining nutritional quality of food
3. Toxic residual chemicals in the food chain that are connected to health issues, such as cancer.
4. Increasing input costs and the financial risk of crop production.
Since the advent of GMOs and glyphosate, there is clear evidence of the detrimental effects of the continued use of modern-day conventional system. These products are directly connected to crop production challenges, and air and water toxicity manifesting into many serious human health issues.
2. Certified Organic
The other system of crop production, certified organic, started because many people had health concerns about the nutritional quality of, and residual contaminants in our food chain.
It is reasonable that people want to eat high-quality nutritional food that does not contain any residual contaminants used in crop production, as we had before petrochemicals were used.
Many food producers facing financial hardship in the conventional system are “going organic” in order to differentiate themselves and for financial survival. Unfortunately, large-crop organic production is NOT sustainable if you try to grow high-quality nutritional foodstuff in a depleted, degraded or low fertility soil that has been over-tilled.
This practice is happening because the present certifying agencies, with utopian concepts of growing, do not permit use of concentrated Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium (NPKs), and trace elements products that supply the essential nutrients needed to improve production and quality.
The SAFE difference:
- SAFE can be described as a “Blended“ common sense approach to crop production.
- SAFE adheres to the best parts of organic standards and conventional standards.
- SAFE adds chelated nutrients and pathogen treatment.
- SAFE does not allow the use of Xenobiotic substances (foreign to nature)
- AFE does not allow GMOs, pesticides, herbicides or fungicides in crop production.
- SAFE does allow for the use of moderate amounts of concentrated conventional fertilizers mixed with specific products such as fulvic and humic acids, probiotics and enzyme active ingredients adding carbon to naturally chelate the essential nutrients and to cost effectively crop demands. This practice is proven to reduce weeds, soil compaction, salinity and increase fertilizer efficiency thereby attracting more living organisms for a healthy vigorous crop that is more resistant to disease and has improved crop yields of 10-30% in the first year.
- SAFE is treating all seeds with non-toxic FDA and Health Canada Organic Certified Neo Pure pathogen remover. This process safely cleans the seeds of all e-coli and salmonella, other nasty bad bacteria and prolongs shelf life.
This common sense approach reduces over-tilling and utilizes inputs that will improve soil fertility and crop production without reliance on toxic chemicals that may have residue issues or other side effects. This means SAFER, cleaner and highest quality and healthier nutrient dense food – naturally.
Certified SAFE Steps:
1. Soil is tested for nutrient levels, defined and classified determining the most appropriate soil/crop inputs to enhance nutrient balancing and improve crop yields.
2. The soil ecosystem is adjusted with natural fertilizer concentrates and chelating fulvic acids, humic acids, enzymes and probiotics to provide optimal mineral and soil “workers,” naturally lowering soil compaction, water requirements, plant competition and environmental stress factors and to increase the plant’s immune system, food nutrient levels and overall crop yield.
3. We select seeds with the best germination and root development for the climate zone and soil conditions, providing optimal relationships between the soil and seed genetics, thus creating superior nutrient levels, consistent growth and increased yield.
4. Food is harvested at its ideal ripeness and, if possible, at the most appropriate timeline including lunar and solar cycles.
5. Seed and debris separation to 99.9% pure.
6. Seed treatment with Neo Pure bacteria/pathogen neutralizer & food stabilizer to increase food safety.
7. Seed storage with Hydroxyl Generator (similar to ozone) air circulation treatment to reduce peroxide levels, further protection from bad bacteria and maintain highest nutrient levels and prolong shelf life.