Sprouted Quinoa Salad with Hemp Mojo Dressing
1/2 cup sprouted quinoa
Put quinoa in a jar filled with water and let it soak for 2 hrs. Drain through a sieve and let sit at room temperature overnight.
The next day put the quinoa in a fresh bowl of water and mix with your fingers. Drain through a sieve. Refrigerate in a sealed jar. The sprouts are ready when they are two to three times longer than the original grain.
30 grape tomatoes cut in half
1/2 seedless cucumber, diced
1 chayote, peeled and diced
1 medium beet, peeled and diced
1 small bunch of mint leaves, minced
Combine all the ingredients together then add the sprouted quinoa
Hemp Mojo Dressing
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
4 tablespoons hemp seed oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 small red onion, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Zest of 1 orange
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the lime and orange juices in a blender and blend. With the blender on a low speed, add the hemp seed oil and blend until emulsified.
2. Transfer the mixture to a jar.
3. Add the minced garlic, onion, oregano, cumin and orange zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
5. Serve salad once all the ingredients are combined.
6. Dress the salad with the Hemp Mojo Dressing and arrange on a serving plate. Top with mint leaves.
Note: Recipes and photos from The Galaxy Global Eatery Hemp Cookbook: More Than 200 Recipes Using Hemp Oil, Seeds, Nuts, and Flour by Denis Cicero, with photos by Michelle Hood, published by North Atlantic Books, copyright © 2002, 2013 by Denis Cicero. Reprinted by permission of the publisher.